If you don’t already have your own basic guacamole recipe, it is time to get one. I keep guacamole ingredients on hand at all times. Of course it goes great with tacos and nachos. But I pair it with salads, burgers and even have it for breakfast with the Spicy Pineapple Breakfast Plate. What about avocados you say? Let them ripen on the counter (until they are slightly soft when squeezed, but without mushy spots), then put them in the refrigerator if you aren’t ready to use them. Or just make guacamole and eat it.
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1/2 lime (or use a whole lime if you like a lot of zing)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mash with a fork until mixed.
- Make again.
- Share this time.