My husband made this the other night, and it was so good, I wanted to share. Using 1893 Ginger Cola with Hennessy and blackberries created a spiced warm flavor almost reminiscent of fall but still distinctly summerish because of hints of lemon and lime. So we settled on the name, “End of August.” Enjoy.
- 1/2 lemon squeezed for juice
- 1/2 lime squeezed for juice
- 12-14 blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 drops orange bitters
- 2 – 1.75 ounce shots of Hennessy (3.5 ounces total)
- 1 12 ounce can 1893 Ginger Cola (if you can’t find this type, sub with your favorite ginger beer)
- Muddle lemon, lime, blackberries, sugar, and bitters. I find it works best to muddle half the ingredients in each glass for even distribution.
- Pour a 1.75 ounce shot of Hennessy in each glass and split the ginger cola between the two glasses. Garnish with lime and serve.