My sister, Christine recently sent me a recipe for a pumpkin smoothie with a banana and Greek yogurt base. This reminded me of a mango sweet potato smoothie I used to make with yogurt. I set out to fuse these recipes into a pumpkin spice mango smoothie and the result was so deliciously creamy that I ate it with a spoon and decided to call it pudding. Get your pumpkin spice fill with this rich pudding that is delicious enough to be a dessert and healthy enough to eat for breakfast.
makes 2 servings (It is pretty thick, so I do not recommend doubling as it may not blend properly. If you have a crowd, just make it in batches.)
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt (you can sub in low-fat yogurt, but you will lose some of the richness)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey (use up to 3 tablespoons if you want it really sweet or go without if you are trying to cut out sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix and blend. You might have better luck starting on a low variable speed and gradually increasing to high speed.