Yes, you read that right: strawberry peach cheesecake brownies. I know it’s a lot of calories, but this is a decision you won’t regret. Imagine taking a cheesecake topped with fresh ripe peaches and smashing it into a pan of brownies. Then add strawberries just to make it a little extra pretty. Now imagine it’s still warm from the oven. Now imagine that this recipe isn’t really much harder than whipping up a pan of brownies from scratch. Okay, that is enough temptation. As a side note, this is a great way to use up strawberries that are still edible, but slightly past their prime.
- 2 eggs (1 for the cheesecake part, 1 for the brownie mix)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (if you don’t want an intense cocoa flavor, use only 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced (reserve half for topping)
- 1 fresh peach, sliced thinly (reserve half for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9 inch pie plate or 8×8 baking dish.
- Mix 1 egg, cream cheese, and vanilla together then slowly add powdered sugar until fully mixed and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter and combine with 1 egg and sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and salt.
- Mix half of strawberries and peaches into chocolate mix and pour into baking dish.
- Pour cream cheese mix over chocolate mix and and partially mix with a spoon or knife.
- Lay remaining fruit slices on top and bake for about 40 minutes.